Monday, October 22, 2018

Desire’s nectar sweeter than the sweetest wine…

Image result for graphic art rolling stones tongue licking food

There is ...
          no furnace hotter than the seat of passion’s flower…
          no fragnant  sweeter  than the bearded clam
          no tastier than the furry taco  
          no forcemore shattering above  or beneath earth
          no shattering moments more than the vertical smile 
that can stand against it’s power.

And now the weary gloom my soul… 
dost wail in fitful turn…
longing ever longing… a strapping hefty toll.

Desire’s nectar sweeter than the sweetest wine…
engulfs my very shadow…
reality weeps remembering those moments; pressing against my mind.

But love… true love… even the simpleton knows…
comes resting midst the thorns …
that bears the lovely rose.

Her fragrance embraces me everywhere…
her face as fine as gold ….
And I to guard with earnest care…
her heart I’ll defend… 
and with my honor hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment