Thursday, August 17, 2017

The Artist.... I rememeber you by the Bard of Bat Yam, Poet Laureate of Zion

Image result for Artist blonde muse posing



viking blonde
with glacier eyes, when the news flutters
Utøya
the Bookseller of Kabul
Spitsbergen
and oil revenues,
I remember your face
in school meetings and across pub tables.

As I close the TV down and
space quiet silence crushes the room
I remember your back,

tickled by light through dusty curtains
and thrown down by God
to soak one of his Angels.
As I run the bath,
I remember your hands,
that showed my
clumsy, ugly touch
all they could
moulding me like
one of your lumps of clay
and firing me, re-born,
wiped clean of fear.

As I kill the light in my bedroom
a black blank canvas unfurls around me and
I paint
your jewellery on the floor,
fish restaurants,
your hair in my beard,
the lilt in your voice,
and your legs around my soul,
dragging me deeper
until I wake,
the sun rises,
and you leave, again,
to conquer me once more.
I remember you

No comments:

Post a Comment